Friday 30 December 2011

ON THE SALES

It's that time of year again, when everything I'm wearing is courtesy of this flagging economy and the need to mark down or put things on special offer!!!

And yet again Twitter has been overcrowded with people saying they wouldn't buy things in the sale and wouldn't buy anything that they wouldn't buy full price. Blah, blah, blah.

I. DO. NOT. UNDERSTAND. THIS. MENTALITY. 

I'm not paying £135 for a luxe jumper unless it comes with a free puppy but at £70 I might even if there is no furry animal included. Again I'll buy H&M jeans if they are £7 -£10 because at that price I can crop them, dye them or make them into shorts come summertime. I won't do that with full price Topshop jobbies. And likewise with my favourite sale purchase (a pair of studded Valentino kitten heels) £600+ isn't going to happen but I swooped on them the very second they were marked down to the £300 mark and I obsessively checked they still had them in my size every single day before the sale started. I think sales are all part of the joy of fashion, giving you the opportunity to try things you might not usually make a beeline for at full price, allowing you to take more risks. It might just be me but so many of my favourite purchases were sale whimsies. 

Rant over. 




Jumper - Whistles 
Jeans - H&M
Boots - H by Hudson from Poste Mistress

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...