Friday 30 December 2011

AN INSTAGRAM CHRISTMAS - CHRISTMAS DAY EDITION











1. 
The starting line up for the Peter Pan Christmas Day race at the Serpentine Swimming Club in Hyde Park. My Aunt's friend was taking part. We drank champagne and cheered him along at 9am in the morning. SO much fun. 
2. 
The end of the race. It was a balmy 13 degrees but the water was freezing. I saw one man who swam (and must have been 75 at least) tucking a hot water bottle down his trousers when the prize giving was happening...
3. 
What a cake. It's almost enough to make me want to do it next year. I have to keep reminding myself that I hate race swimming. 
4. 
Christmas pancakes. 
5. 
The table all set and waiting for my cooking skills. I love setting the table because it gives me a chance to use all the things I buy from Zara Home for my perfect life that never get used because I eat all my dinners in front of the telly. Typical. 
6. 
The obligatory Christmas outift - Zara sequin dress
7. 
Table detail 
8. 
We brined the turkey this year, very Waitrose. 
9. 
Christmas dinner 
10. 
We have a tradition of 'after dinner' gifts - this was mine from my Mum and Dad. An old Spear's party game from a charity shop. They spent more on getting new magnets for the tails than the game itself. It is a thing of great, great beauty. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...