Sunday 28 August 2011

WHEN I DON'T FALL IN LOVE WITH COMPLEX GEOMETRIES


This outfit is very unlike me. But to be fair, when I wore it I was feeling very unlike me and I just wanted something simple and loose fitting. That was the plan...it turned out to be a very uncomfortable ensemble that lasted no more than a few hours. 

I've been hearing bloggers rave about Complex Geometries for a couple of years now, so when The Outnet had a sale I bought this t shirt so I could try the label out. I can't say I'm sold. I've always found that because I'm not a skinny girl elaborately constructed clothes tend to look weird on me - folds, layers and sharp cuts look great on a flat surface - but when you add boobs and such to the mix the essence of the garment suddenly disappears. Am I the only person that finds this to be the case?

Anyhow, let's get to the specifics...the problem with this Complex Geometries top is that the 'clever' construction makes it annoying to wear. The off set arm holes, meant to aid the artistic gathering of material, in reality just restrict your arm movements and make you feel like you're wearing a straight jacket. I can't help but think that there's a reason for the common design elements we embrace today and why all t shirts, jeans and dresses follow a basic pattern, because y'know, we all have a head, arms and legs in pretty much the same place and want to be able to move them. 

Needless to say, this top will be going to a charity shop near me very soon. 




Top - Complex Geometries 
Belt - Primark 
Leggings - Sass & Bide
Shoes - Sigerson Morrison 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...