Friday 1 July 2011

HENRY A LA PENSEE KNITTED JACKET WITH CUPID BUTTONS

Do you ever buy something because there's a detail about you just love? I almost didn't buy this knitted jacket / cardigan as I knew I had spent too much money on my trip to New York already, but just standing in the thrift store with it I could already picture the intense regret in my mind if I walked away from it. 


I mean, who can resist a cupid button...


Turns out the $125 vintage jacket was in the half off sale, so I got it for $62. When I returned home I tried googling the designer and although there isn't much about them, turns out they were active from the 1930s until the 1950s. My jacket is in perfect condition, not bad for an item of clothing that probably getting on for 60 years old, eh? It fits like a dream, the buttons lift it from classic to quirky and there is even a gold chain sewn into the hem on the back to keep the lines clean. I die. 



Jacket - Henry a la Pensee from thrift store in NY 
T shirt - Topshop
Trousers - J Brand 
Socks - Topshop 
Boots - Giuseppe Zanotti 
Ring - Primark (Diana / Kate Middleton knock off in honor of Canadian visit)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...