Tuesday 21 June 2011

NEW YORK, NEW YORK


I spent a whirlwind 42 hours in New York at the weekend and I'm now home, running on 3 hours of plane sleep and a full day at work, totally shattered, but very happy. I shopped like there was no tomorrow, but that's a story for later when I've snapped all my thrift store goodies to show you. 

I went over to see the Alexander McQueen exhibition at the Met, stayed at The Mark so I would be just around the corner and for the first time ever remained on the Upper East Side (I didn't go below 59th Street). In that time I managed two visits to the Met, one trip to the Frick, breakfast at Sarabeth's, a thrift store shopping expedition, Barney's, Bergdorfs, a run in Central Park, a few grocery stores, even more drugstores and the world's strongest martini for a natter with Gracegoesabroad










1. New York skyline 2. More NY skyline 3. Guggenheim 4. Moi in the hotel bathroom (yep, that's a TV in that there mirror) 5. Streets signs 6. Detail of The Met 7. Exhibition poster 8. Sculpture at The Met 9. Sculpture in The Met

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...