Sunday 26 June 2011

BITCHING AND JUNKFOOD

A couple of weeks ago I went to the launch of the summer collection by Bitching & Junkfood at Urban Outfitters in Spitalfields. I am assuming that the collection in question was Remade by Bitching & Junkfood but I'm afraid I couldn't tell you because whilst the shop was wall to wall hipsters, an actual PR or a simple press release about the product was nowhere to be seen. It was so cool that nobody seemed to be working. You always know somewhere's cool when even the people who are paid to work there find the whole thing rather demeaning and decide to essentially opt out. 

The evening turned out to be one of those nights when you realise you are getting on a bit, and that whilst it's a shock to the system, you don't mind quite as much as you thought you would. I don't dress like a career woman, but neither do I dress like an 18 year old any more and I think Urban Outfitters for me now is a place for up and coming Brit and Australia designers rather than mass market fashion items. Besides, I don't think that my 32 years could quite pull off a pair of rejigged denim hotpants, but if I was to chose I think I would go for the studded version, I think they could just about work if I was in a massive grump as a nice warning to everyone. 









Perhaps I felt too old because, in fact, I am? After all, I am now old enough that MY CHILDHOOD is now being sold as retro t shirts, as witnessed by this Nirvana number...  

1 comment:

Ana Claudia said...

THANKS A LOT FOR SO MANY PICTURES FOR US, POOR US, COULD diyTHANKS A LOT FOR THE OPPOTUNITY

awith love,
Ana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...