Saturday 28 May 2011

LEATHER JACKET SUBSTITUTE

The missing leather jacket, as mentioned in my previous post, is proving to have a thrown a real spanner in my sartorial works. 

I have been wearing a very old New Look Luella jacket from 2001 or 2002 that is ripped on the elbow due to overuse, but I need more options. It was on a rummage through one of my cupboards I came across this denim jacket - a Valentino jacket I picked up in a charity shop in Lewisham at the age of 16. That means I've owned this half my life. Gulp. The denim has a very 1970's look and feel to it, which means it was probably already 'vintage' when I bought it and it has a real grubby factor from having been worn almost everyday during my late teenage years. But wearing it the other day reminded me that I'm not the denim jacket wearing type anymore and I really have moved to the dark side with leather jackets instead. I just didn't feel like me in it. 





Jacket - Charity Shop 
Top - Topshop 
Trousers - J Brand 
Pumps - Chanel 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...