Wednesday 6 April 2011

THE DIFFICULT COLLEGE YEARS


I found this long line Ralph Lauren chenille blazer / cardigan in a thrift store in Gramercy Park for $45. I wouldn't normally think of spending that much on one item in a charity shop, but as soon as I put it on I felt preppy as hell and I knew I had to have it. It has inspired me to dig out all sorts of preppy classics from my wardrobe that will be worn in the coming weeks (penny loafers, two tone brogues, collegiate sweaters etc) as I try regress to my imagined 1960's college years as documented in the book that I often loiter over in my local bookshop - Take Ivy by Teruyoshi Hayashida



Top - Cos 
Jeans - Topshop 
Socks - Topshop 
Moccasins - Urban Outfitters 
Cardigan / Blazer - Ralph Lauren from thrift shop in New York 
Bag - probably fake Hermes from thrift shop in New York 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...