Sunday 13 March 2011

Balenciaga Scarf


One of my friends has helpfully renamed these jeans "trout-sers". 

I feel a bit matchy matchy in this outfit (something I'm a bit allergic to normally) but I love any excuse to dig out this scarf and these jeans are the perfect reason. I bought the scarf in a charity shop a few years ago for about 50p, but because it's small and silk and not made for warmth or coverage, I forgot about it (as those are my usual deal breakers when it comes to neckwear). But, at the Balenciaga exhibition at the Queen Sofia Spanish Institute of New York I spied a similar one on display and dug it out and it's slowly going into rotation as the weather gets better. I've still not mastered the wearing / tying of old lady silk scarves, I think a youtube tutorial search is probably in order. 


Draped vest / jacket combo - Marks & Spencer 
Top - American Apparel 
Jeans - Topshop 
Socks - T.K.Maxx 
Shoes - T.K.Maxx 
Scarf - Balenciaga from charity shop

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...