Sunday 19 December 2010

Sale Shopping


This is my sale outfit - everything was discounted this week, a good thing about this recession is that at least it's a shopper's market. 

I think I've prattled on before about never understanding the mantra to not buy things in the sale that you wouldn't at full price. For me, some things are worth what they are when marked down, not the full amount. Sometimes you get what you were willing to pay top whack for in the sale, in which case, great. But sales open up new items and ideas too. An item becomes more attractive when it's cheaper - it's suddenly more accessible. I don't think that's always a bad thing. I'm never going to buy a silk shirt at £95, but at £50 I will. Likewise, I don't think I would ever consider buying leopard print skinnies for £24.99 in Hennes - the quality isn't good enough, but for £10 it becomes an experiment that can go wrong and get sent to a charity shop 3 months down the line if I wake up one morning and realise I was going animal print insane and need rehab. 





Shirt - Whistles 
Trousers - H&M
Wedges - Surface To Air from Poste Mistress 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. Sale stuff is all about trying new things out. And as such, I have a Karen walker tuxedo jacket from ASOS on its way, and a big mulberry belt with an oval buckle being delivered next week, £130 and £50 respectively, ithankyouverymuch...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...