Wednesday 15 December 2010

Emma Hope Trainers


I rarely wear trainers these days. When I was younger trainers were a staple, in fact my Mum used to worry about me because she thought my feet would end up malformed without the structure of 'proper shoes' to guide them in their growth (ha, such a Mum thing, the concept of 'proper shoes'). 

I was a real child of the late 80's and early 90's as the trainer / sneaker explosion took hold - the fever of Nike Air, Reebok Pump, Air Jordans, Adidas Shell Toes...whilst I SUFFERED in Dunlop Amber Flashes (yup, not even Green Flash) from a random sports shop in Hither Green where you could buy actual sporting goods (cricket whites, goal posts, hurdles) and not just fashion statements, and I still remember the associated shame at primary school. With my first ever money earned I went straight to Bromley and bought a pair of Nike trainers (not Airs, just Nike). 

But about 10 years ago shoes began to enter my wardrobe with increasing regularity and trainers became something kept strictly for exercising in or downbeat weekends. Now I only own about 10 pairs. These are my token rich girl trainers - practical and comfortable high end pumps from Emma Hope that I found in a charity shop in Shepherds Bush for about 8 quid. I feel like a Notting Hill type every time I wear them. Love it. Because if you start in Hither Green you can never be Notting Hill, no matter how hard you try. 




Sweater - Whistles 
Shirt - American Apparel 
Trousers - Zara
Trainers - Emma Hope (from Charity Shop)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...