Sunday 14 November 2010

Granny Not Included


There is something about the texture of this Whistles jumper that makes me want to dress like an old lady. I've been trying to figure out what to pair my stretch velvet maxi skirt with, and the granny knit seemed perfect, all I had to do was hoik up the skirt so it landed mid calf rather than on my ankle - this simple action made it look suitably old fashioned. I'm not sure what it is about maxi skirts but in the winter I just cannot bring myself to wear them with tights - the maxi and tights, ick! The concept makes me feel irrationally queasy.




Jumper - Whistles 
Skirt - Primark  
Tights M&S
Shoes - Paul Smith 


And once I was dressed like an old lady I finally felt like it was the right time to invest in the mid calf circle skirt that has been made the 'it' length and style by Mad Men and Mr Marc Jacobs. Of course, this skirt it not Louis Vuitton or Marc Jacobs, but Zara, however I think it's a pretty good stab at the trend. I've been um-ing and ah-ing over the skirt for a while, but trying it on yesterday cinched the deal - it fits really well, hangs nicely, has pockets (I love a pocket) and the fabric feels suitably voluminous and thick. 





Jumper - Whistles 
Belt - Charity Shop 
Skirt - Zara
Tights - M&S
Shoes - Manolo Blahnik 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...