Thursday 16 September 2010

The Kooples - Coming To London UPDATE!

Since the stats features has been added to blogger I have much better information about when and why people are reading my blog. One of the biggest surprises is that a little random post I wrote on The Kooples coming to London still gets quite a few hits every day. I wrote that post last year, it's now nearing the end of 2010, so I thought I would have a little dig around and see what's going on, because I am assuming that if a Kooples shop had opened I would bloody well know about it. Happily I can say I have found adverts (posted in early September 2010) on various fashion job sites for store managers both here in the capital and in shopping hotspots Birmingham and Manchester, so the wait shouldn't be too much longer. 


If they do open in time for the end of the year then I might be able to get my mits on my two favourite items from this season...


This amazing dress  




and these cigarette pants






I think for me what really appeals is the idiot proof nature of the brand. Like Whistles it is most often a collection of separates but one that feels like a very cohesive collection - you know you could buy the whole lot and mix and match for decades to come. Topshop allows you to shop to your hearts content but are usually 'key' pieces that don't fit together because it's all about more, more, more. The Kooples sticks to basic clean cuts, luxe fabrics and a muted colour palate with edge that will see you from season to season. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...