Thursday 1 July 2010

A Short Story: Part Two



Today I've finally plucked up the courage to wear my Queen's Wardrobe shorts. It's the volume of them I find a little scary, but balanced out with a belt around the waist they don't look too brownie guide. If you are like me, you'll remember something very similar in the Chloe S/S 09 shows...sadly the scalloped shorts that graced Chloe Sevigny, Diane Kruger et al also cost about £700. As a mere civilian I had to wait for a whole year before someone created a 'tribute' retailing for a mere £50, and most thankful I am too. 

Top - Marni
Belt - Charity shop 
Shorts - Queen's Wardrobe 
Shoes - River Island 
Bag - Alexander Wang

After a machine wash I also got to try out my new purchase - a plaid shirt with lace edging from Oxfam earlier this week. It's very twee, and a little hot for the weather right now, but I love it. I can't wait to pair it with loafers when it's a bit cooler and play with being super preppy, or go for crazy clashes (I knew my £20 green tartan Luella trousers from T.K.Maxx would come in handy soon enough). 




Top - Charity shop
Shorts - Charity shop Levi's made into shorts 
Shoes - Charlotte Olympia 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...