Wednesday 17 February 2010

Breakfast in the USA

The thing I love most about the United States is probably ‘the breakfast’. Now, I like a fry up as much as the next Brit, but American’s win the breakfast war hands down. Pancakes with blueberries and bacon. Brioche French toast. Ham, scrambled eggs and biscuits (basically scones the size of my head). Even egg white omelettes seem to not be rank. In Texas I took the opportunity to eat pancakes with strawberries, bacon and maple syrup – the kind of breakfast you wouldn’t get in a million years here (and when you do it will be 1/10th of the size and half the quality). They were massive and fluffy and came with whipped butter. Life couldn’t be better…unless I was at the Clinton Street Bakery on the Lower East Side of New York. The breakfasts there are to die for (the lunches are dinners are also amazing), the stuff that dreams are made of. Here are some of the meals I dream about (with a bonus picture of my Dad looking proud at his choice).

1 comment:

MissMtheBeekeeper said...

dadddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...