Friday 6 November 2009

Bonfire Night Fireworks - What to wear?


Thursday was Bonfire night here in the UK, which for me can only mean one thing - fireworks on Blackheath! I can't remember the first time I went to see them there, it must have been when I was about 5 or 6, but I fell in love with them and for me they are the ultimate fireworks display. Ever. No other fireworks come close. 4th of July? The Beijing Olympics? NYE? Please...

The best thing about fireworks on Blackheath is they are reassuringly similar, with code of practice to follow for all time. You must eat warming foot before departure to the heath. You must wear a woolly had and gloves. Your Mum (and then later yourself, acting on behalf of you Mum) will put you in your warmest coat, sensible boots with two pairs of socks or maybe wellies if it's raining. And then walk to the heath with quite literally tens of thousands of other people and oooh and aahhh in unison.

Already I am thinking about what I will pull on to remain warm and snugly when I go to watch the fireworks with my friends on a cold November night. I will 100% be wearing Australian tube socks, my camo coat and probably Uggs (they are warm, people), but then I think I want this hat from Topshop for a tenner. Click on the title at the top to buy it...

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Love the cat-ear beanie!! So cute!

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

Virginia de la Reynares said...

That cat-ear hait is toooooo adorable! Hope you managed to stay warm & enjoyed the fireworks!!

mustownmore said...

Thanks Jenny, had a lovely time at fireworks and managed to stay warm.

I love your site, esp Leigh Lezark - and I'm learning Japanese too! Nearly a year in and still about the skill level of a 1 year old. Oh well...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...