Friday 16 October 2009

The Twitterverse Strikes Back

Today has been one of those days that started so quietly. Pottered into work, began tapping away, stumbled across Daily Mail article. Read it. (Don't read the article, please. Read this instead http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/oct/16/stephen-gately-jan-moir I don't want more money going to the Daily Mail. Sat quietly outraged. Carried on working.

Then I checked Twitter and noticed that it was not just me. There were hundreds, thousands of people that had been outraged by the article and were twittering it. I wasn't just me! There were people I respected, followed and many more besides who felt this was a bit off. And suddenly everyone knew about it. The PCC website crashed under sheer weight of traffic.

I know many people are snotty about technology, but really, when something like this happens it makes me feel better about the world!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...