Monday 26 October 2009

Thinking Thin

It's been a terribly sad start to the day. Doing some research for my job I happened across a few blogger sites written by pro ana girls. Their worries and issues depressed me no end and had me thankful that I grew up in a time, whilst only 15 - 20 years ago, that felt a world away from these worries and the social networks today that allow them to grow. These are girls who obsess over their diets, share their food avoidance strategies, beat themselves up if they eat a grape, ramble about how fat they are (they're 15 and gangly) and most disturbingly, post pictures of their self harming.

I know most of us have bad days when we feel we're ugly, fat or stupid, but it is heartbreaking to see girls who really believe that their bodies deserve punishment and pain because they don't look a certain way.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...